Saturday 30 May 2015

Makeup for Black & White Photographs - Everything you need to know!

Hello my loves! How are you??
Well, as promised on my Facebook page this is a post on how to do makeup for a Black & White photo shoot. Why not take a great selfie or group photos in B&W and look simply FABULOUS!!!!

A few weeks ago, a friend of mine, Kitan who is a great photographer, asked for my help with his project in Black & White photography. (See his instagram page here.)
So I will go through with you how I got my B&W makeup look!

Makeup look in full colour rangeA

Makeup look in Black and White
As you can see, it is not a day makeup look. It is quite intense and I think perfect for a night out, clubbing, cocktails etc.
First thing first though, always remember that Black & White doesn't forgive. This means that all the flaws you may not see in the mirror, you'll probably see in a B&W photo. So,
Tip to tip: Full coverage! Chose a full coverage foundation and make sure you have primed your face before, so that any pores won't be visible.
The other very important thing to remember is that B&W photos are all about the intensity of the colours and not the colours themselves, if that makes sense. You could be wearing a lime green eyeshadow and a neon blue lipstick and still look gorgeous in B&W (I am not suggesting you go to a B&W photo shoot wearing those colours)!
Also, B&W is all about the texture, meaning if you use oily products, it's going to show. For this reason use a translucent powder to mattify you face and avoid cream blush. You can use lip glosses and I have seen in some photo shoots makeup artists use vaseline on the eyelids to make them pop and look rounder and bigger.
Tip to tip: Contour: You can contour of course, but do not overdo it, because if done incorrectly, it's going to show and it may not look good. Contour slightly, any shadow will show in B&W, trust me!

Products used:
Face: 
  • Facefinity All day Primer by MaxFactor
  • ExtraLasting foundation in the shades Nude and Natural Beige by Avon
  • Concealer in the shade Fair by Avon
  • Facefinity Compact Foundation in the shade 03 Natural by MaxFactor
  • Contour: All About Bronze Palette by Makeup Revoloution
  • Blush & Highlight: Hot Spice Palette by Makeup Revolution
Eyes:
Because I wanted to make my eyes pop a bit more and look a bit bigger, I didn't go fully mat.
  • Eyeshadow Primer in Beige by Avon
  • From the I Heart Makeup U R THE BEST THING Palette by Makeup Revolution (see here for reference and a detailed review): as a base to set my primer - shade No1 and a mixture of No13+27 on the mobile lid
  • From the Flawless Matte Palette by Makeup Revolution: Rosewood as a transition shade in the eye socket
  • Then I started building the intensity in the outer corner of the eye by using (from the previous palette) the shade Earth and then Carbon. Go as intense as you want. I used the same shades for my lower lash area.
  • Extreme Felt Eyeliner by MUA
  • For my waterline I used either Deep Black Flashy liner by Sephora or Mirror Black Polish Eyeliner by Lord & Berry
  • Big & Daring mascara in Blackest Black by Avon (for a detailed review see here)
Lips:
  • Perfect Kiss in the shade Berry Smooch by Avon
Products by Avon, Makeup Revolution and MUA

I hope you found this post useful. Please leave any comments or questions in the comment section and don't forget to subscribe!
Remember to add more colours to your day, because life is beauty-full of colours!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment