Sunday 19 February 2017

Hair mousse reviews - crash test

Wella and L'Oreal Elvive hair mousse
Hello my loves! I hope you are well!
Today’s post is about hair styling and more specifically mousse. As you know my hair is naturally very curly and finding the right products is a very challenging! Recently I tried a couple of new products and I will do a review / crash test for you!



I will start with the Wella Shocwaves Volume Mousse. It has UV protection and promises humidity resistance and touchable and flexible hair. I have been using it for more than 6 months now and I am very happy with it.
Firm Control: 5.
Consistency: Not very thick foam, but not watery.
Smell: Very pleasant.
Overall: This mousse does give very good hold on the hair and the curls are very defined. There is no frizzing on the hair and you can possibly get away with 2 days-hold. The volume though is not massive and I feel that this product is a bit hard on the hair, it makes it feel dry.
Price: £2.75.


Second is the L’Oreal Elvive Colour Radiance mousse. It has UV protection and promises 48-hour hold. I have used a few times and I am thrilled! I wear it in the picture below. I applied the product the night before and left the hair to dry naturally.
Firm Control: 4.
Consistency: Very thick foam.
Smell: Very pleasant.
Overall: This mousse offers very light weight volume. Curls are very well defined and you can easily get away by wearing your hair up for a few hours. Hair does not lose the style. It does not feel harsh on the hair at all and the curls feel very elastic. The only thing is that frizz control is not its strongest feature. It does control it a lot, but it is a trade of.
Price: £1.74.

Last, but not least is the L’Oreal Elvive Full Restoremousse with Ceramide R. I find it very similar the previous one. The only difference is that this does not have a UV Filter.
Firm Control: 4.
Consistency: Very thick foam.
Smell: Very pleasant.
Price: £1.74.

To conclude, these products are very good and I recommend them all depending what everyone is looking for. For light weight volume I recommend the L’Oreal products. For firmer, less volume hair I recommend the Wella one.

Tip to tip: If you dye your hair always go for UV protection and products that help with restoring hair’s health. This will protect the colour and most importantly your hair.


I hope you found this post helpful. I'd love to see pictures of your favourite hair products! Tag me on instagram as rallou_ch.
Please leave any comments or questions and pictures with your favourite products in the comments section and don't forget to subscribe! <3

Remember to add more colours and fragrances to your day, because life is beauty-full of colours!!!

xoxo


Rallou
Wearing the L’Oreal Elvive Colour Radiance mousse

Declaimer: The prices mentioned are as seen at the Superdrug webpage today. I am not responsible if these prices are subjects to change.

1 comment:

  1. Bitcoinsxchanger launched a new exchange-traded product (ETP) on Switzerland's Zurich-based SIX Exchange and instant withdraw bitcoin. This latest launch is the 21Shares Short Bitcoin ETP (SBTC tracker) that claims to track the opposite performance of bitcoin (BTC) and is another way to gain exposure in both directions of the bitcoin price movements. Bitcoin Trading Remains Directionless Bitcoin has continued to lose altitude trading at around $8,589 at the time of publication. In December 2017, the volatile cryptocurrency peaked to $20,000 and has been unable to hit this high again ever since. Despite bitcoin prices remaining bearish and at a low point, a number of fintech firms are continuing to launch products. Financial Market Supervisory Authority (FINMA), which is the Swiss government body undertaking financial regulations of the country, has been proactive when it comes to approving crypto products. FINMA has distributed banking and securities dealer licenses to “crypto banks” - This cleared to operate in the tokenized digital securities sector. The official body issued rules on how to transfer bitcoin from bank wire. Visit this site for more details

    ReplyDelete