Monday 23 October 2017

Dry shampoo - everything you need to know

Hello again my loves! I hope you are well! 

I'll cut to the chase today and talk to you about dry shampoos. What they do, how to choose and what the benefits are.



As the weather is getting colder, we get even busier, not to mention blow-dry is essential. Who has time for this? Not many... Our hair though, due to weather conditions will look greasy no matter what. Factors that contribute to that are hair-styling products, the habit of touching our hair, wind, rain, hormones etc... In an ideal world we would wash our hair as many times as possible with no consequences. We wish!

I am lucky enough to have curly hair, which means I rarely get greasy hair, but it also means that my hair is very dry. Back in the summer I used to go for runs a lot, which let to washing my hair every day. As a result, my hair felt like hay after a while.
As for people with thin, possibly straight hair, greasiness is more obvious and hair washing feels necessary.

My advice... NO! We do not need to wash our hair more than 2-3 times a week. This basically destroys the hair and drys the skin as well. That is where dry shampoos come in hand. In just a few seconds looks like you just got out of the hair saloon! Pretty cool!

Dry shampoo types:
There are two types of dry shampoos, aerosol and powder. The first is directly sprayed on the hair roots and the latter is sprayed to the hands and then worked into the hair. Personally I prefer to spray it directly to the roots, because it saved me time, keeps my hands clean and it is less possible to go wrong with it.

 Benefits:
  • Good looking hair in no time.
  • Healthier hair as they are not being washed regularly.
  • Fresh scent, which comes out every time we move our head.
  • Volume as the wight of the oil is lifted.
  • Prolonged hair style.
How to use:
  • Aerosol: Spray on roots 6-10 inches away. Powders: work the product in your hands first and then apply on the hair.
  • Blend the product from the roots to the ends.
  • Let it absorb the oils for a few minutes.
  • Style.
  • Done!
There are many options on the market and which one is the best, comes down to personal preference and what works for everyone individually. I would suggest looking online for reviews and also ask others' opinions. Remember, just because a product is expensive, it doesn't mean it is the best one.

I hope you found this post helpful. I'd love to see pictures of your favourite products! Tag me on instagram as rallou_ch.
Please leave any comments or questions and pictures with your favourite dry shampoos in the comments section and don't forget to subscribe! <3

I'd like to thank Reviews.com for helping me write this post. Don't forget to visit their website to read about dry shampoo products! They have done an amazing job!

Remember to add more colours and fragrances to your day, because life is beauty-full of colours!!!

xoxo

Rallou

1 comment:

  1. The most interesting text on this interesting topic that can be found on the net ... carbon theory reviews

    ReplyDelete